Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] Compiling under Mac OsX

From: Martin Costabel
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] Compiling under Mac OsX
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:53:15 +0100

Martin Costabel wrote:
[]
are done from inside the texmacs.info file. But this does, of course, not mean that new versions will be guaranteed to compile without new patches. Quite often, little tweaks have been necessary.

This time (version 1.0.2.5), the little tweak that was necessary was caused by a bug in src/common.makefile.in:

Lines 245/246:

$(plugins_obj): Objects/%.o: %.cpp
        $(call cxx_incl,$(plugins_incl),$(CXXXWINDOW))

This does *not* put the necessary "-I/usr/X11R6/include" into the compiler command line for the Plugins. The reason is that cxx_incl only takes 1 argument. One cannot use cxx_incl_sys (which takes 2 arguments) either, because then the freetype2 headers will no longer be found, because they are included before the "-I-" separator.

The bug makes the compilation of the Ghostscript Plugin crash. I suspect it doesn't show up on Linux, because there /usr/include/X11 is probably a symlink to /usr/X11R6/include/X11, and therefore the X headers will be found without CXXXWINDOW.

A Fink package description that compiles under MacOSX 10.2 with gcc-3.3 should shortly show up on unstable CVS/rsync. For MacOSX 10.3, I need a little more time, because I can use it only since this morning and there are a couple of other things to compile first before texmacs gets its turn.

--
Martin