[Texmacs-dev] WinTeXmacs breaks Cygwin TeXmacs

From: Andreas Seidl
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] WinTeXmacs breaks Cygwin TeXmacs
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:51:36 +0200 (CEST)

People reported unrecoverable problems with Cygwin TeXmacs after trying out WinTeXmacs. Now I tried it myself. The symptoms are:

- In a Cygwin shell, the environment variable TEXMACS_PATH is set to C:\Programme\WinTeXmacs, even after deinstalling WinTeXmacs. It is a riddle for me where it is set, I searched the registry and, in fact the whole partitition, without luck.

- Re-installing Cygwin TeXmacs did not help. Unsetting TEXMACS_PATH did not help either.

Can the WinTeXmacs people shed some light on this? Is the installer outdated and/or does dodgy things with Windows XP?

Andreas.
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl