Re: [Texmacs-dev] WinTeXmacs breaks Cygwin TeXmacs

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] WinTeXmacs breaks Cygwin TeXmacs
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:18:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Andreas Seidl wrote:
> Btw. in case you are looking around for an alternative installation
> solution, I recently looked at Nullsoft's free installer
>
>    http://nsis.sourceforge.net/
>
> (Nullsoft are the people behind WinAmp). This page describes how to deal
> with environment variables:
>
>    http://nsis.sourceforge.net/archive/nsisweb.php?page=156&instances=0
>
> I've quite a good impression so far, although I've not yet tried the
> latter script.

Sounds interesting; besides its non-freeness, another disadvantage of
Install Shield is that only Dan currently has a license for it.

During september, Dan will work on an improved Windows version.
Maybe that Andreas is willing to consider writing an alternative
installer when the new version will be finished.