[Texmacs-dev] Visual appearance of page breaks

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Visual appearance of page breaks
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:19:57 +0100

Hi there,

working with TeXmacs to prepare a presentation, I realize how little feeling I
get from TeXmacs about the "page-layout" (which is, of course, extremely
important for a presentation) I think most of the problem comes from the fact
that page breaks are only indicated by a thin gray line, instead of
displaying something that really feels like separate pages. I believe the
whole feeling for pages could be much improved by really cutting the pages
apart, maybe even giving each one a black border and a tiny shadow effect
(having the "paper" float above the gray background.

Furthermore, it would really be nice to have the pages displayed in two or
more columns. For documents with many pages you really need some way to gain
an overview, and such a page-layout view would help a lot in this respect, I
believe.

Ciao,
Nobbi

--