[Texmacs-dev] Matrices with [ instead of ( ?

From: Karl Hegbloom
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Matrices with [ instead of ( ?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:57:05 -0700

I'd like to have matrices show up with [] around them instead of ().  In
std-math.ts, I see that the () are hard coded.  What if instead there
was a variable that gave the character to put inside of the <left|*> and
<right|*>?  Then, one could set that variable at the top or in a style
file, and have all matrices their way?

In my Linear Algebra text and every other mathematics text I have,
matrices are formatted inside of [] rather than ().  Are the parentheses
a European convention?  If so, then perhaps the language setting should
affect this?

--
Karl Hegbloom <address@hidden>