[Texmacs-dev] Activation/deactivation seriously broken?

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Activation/deactivation seriously broken?
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:58:46 +0100

Hi there,

either I'm missing something obvious or the deactivation/activation of
tags in 1.0.5.11-R2 is seriously broken:

Assume, have marked up text, say <with|color|red|whatever> somewhere in
my document.
It used to be that I could simply set the cursor behind the text, press
<backspace> to deactivate it, edit the color to "blue" and hit <return>
to see the effect take place. This does not seem to work any more.

The best I managed to do is to mark the whole mark-up and hit "M-minus"
to deactivate the text. However, I have no idea how to reactivate it.

First: in this deactivated tag, TeXmacs seems to be in a different mode
than in a new, not-yet activated tag. Pressing <return> does not work.

Pressing "M-plus" does not reactivate the deactivated tag but simply
inserts an empty <active*|> tag that has no visible effect. Same for the
toolbar-button "Activate". If I mark the inactive tag before pressing
"M-plus", I find the inactive tag enclosed by an <active*|...> tag that
has no visible effect.

If this simply is a bug, then I hope it is fixed soon. Certain
editing-operations are currently impossible or demand a nasty
workaround. If the behavior is intended, then I have to say that it is
seriously confusing.

Greetings,
Norbert