Re: [Texmacs-dev] Activation/deactivation seriously broken?

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Activation/deactivation seriously broken?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:59:24 +0100

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 05:50:32PM +0100, Norbert Nemec wrote:
>

>>>M-minus inserts a tag which can be removed using C-return (just before
>>>the end of the tag).
>>>

>>This does not work for me: instead, C-return creates a tag
>><script-eval|>, no matter where I type it.
>>

>Sorry, I meant C-backspace...

OK, now I understand. Could have thought of it myself.

Think, I'm beginning to understand.

How about this idea:
Currently <S-backspace> seems to be synonymous to <backspace> how about
modifying it slightly so it behaves like plain <backspace> without the
restriction on certain tags, so whenever there is an active tag in front
of the cursor, it puts a <inactive|...> around.

Same should, of course, happen for <S-delete> in the other direction.