[Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Better system for donations

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Better system for donations
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:51:39 +0100

Dear all,

I am happy that several people are enthusiastic about creating
a French association for promoting free software in science.
At this very moment, besides me, the following people are
interested to participate:

        Nicolas Ratier
        Loic Mazo
        Komla Domelevo
        Henri Lesourd

It would be nice if you guys could start by working out a draft version
of "les status de l'association". A few points:

1) The association might be called something like

        "Association pour les logiciels libres en science"

2) It should be made precise that we only promote free software
   (in the sense of GNU) and with applications in science.
   Probably, we should also include a few words or preamble about
   the importance of this issue and our objectives.

3) We have to make sure that it possible to receive donations and
   sell software, books and/or other services, which can be reinvested
   in the development and promotion of free software in science.

4) We have to think about allowing other free software projects
   in science joining our efforts in the future. In that case,
   possible money received by the association should be redistributed
   among the constituant projects in a clear and adequate way.

If there are other people who would like to join our efforts,
please let me know. At a certain point we might create a separate
mailing list to this effect.

Best wishes, Joris