Re: [Texmacs-dev] New special env variable: path to self

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] New special env variable: path to self
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:55:15 +0100

Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

No, it doesn't; the scheme function called by your <self-path|...>

macro returns the constant stree '(arg "x") (constant at the Scheme
level, not at the TeXmacs typesetter level), and not anything based on
its argument. It doesn't fit in any of my four categories for the
scheme part. Your scheme function works only in combination with a
TeXmacs macro where one of the arguments is called "x", and not "y"
and not "prompt" and not ...

That's right. It means that you must write your Scheme functions
and the corresponding TeXmacs macro together, and that the two
always depend on one each other. But it is not a big deal.

I was trying to generalise it to one that
would work with "any" TeXmacs macro. The best I could come up with is
to pass the string supposed to replace "x" as an additional argument,
as exemplified in my previous email.
To my knowledge, nobody succeeded in doing this yet.