Re: [Texmacs-dev] New special env variable: path to self

From: Lionel Elie Mamane
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] New special env variable: path to self
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:41:52 +0100

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 03:10:19PM +0100, Henri Lesourd wrote:

> Have a look at the attached .tm file, and tell me if you can
> still trick it the way you did in the examples of your previous
> mail (i.e., try to interactively change the parameter of
> the two instances of the <self-path*|...> macros in the
> document). I guess that as far as the <self-path|...> macro
> is concerned, you can't trick it anymore, now ;-).

It does have the disadvantage of variable capture, namely the "x" is
hardcoded in the Scheme function. I tried to return:

 parm
 (list 'unquote parm)
 (list 'eval parm)

instead, but this breaks interactive editing: e.g. typing '^' in math
mode doesn't make a superscript anymore, but a '^' character. The best
I could find is:

 (tm-define (my-scheme-macro parm perm)
   (:type (tree -> tree))
   (:secure #t)
   (with path (tree->path parm)
      (display* "\nparm(" path ")\n"))
   `(arg ,perm))

and call with:

  <assign|self-path|<macro|x|<extern|my-scheme-macro|<quote-arg|x>|x>>>

Do you have a better solution?

Thanks for all your help,

--
Lionel