Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Creation de l'association

From: Vadim
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Creation de l'association
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 20:01:28 +0400

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I CC your message to texmacs-dev, since it seems quite interesting.
>A collegue of Marc stumbled upon
>
>       http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/AndLinux
>
>which might be another idea for providing a Windows port for TeXmacs.
>Unfortunately, it seems that this port requires a lot of disk space.
>If someone wants to experiment and write a complete installer for TeXmacs...
>Maybe it is possible to reduce the distribution to about the size of
>CygTeXmacs.

I use coLinux and happy with it (andLinux also based on coLinux) but I
think suggesting people to use TeXmacs on Windows via linux is even more
far away, compared to cygwin way...

The most problem with CygTeXmacs, as I see it, is distribution of entire
cygwin with X11, and it could be conflicting with installed cygwin.

As I see at http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/Xming , xming developers
suggest using xming namely for reasons to not bring huge cygwin file
structure everywhere.

So, the most "realistic" approach, is to build on cygwin but use mingw
as X11.
As I see it, building on cygwin is quite smooth right now, and may be
configuring to build even with --no-cygwin option could be possible.

BTW, as I see at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xming, recent versions of
xming no more run on win2000...

Best regards,
Vadim.