[Texmacs-dev] Re: Why I hate TexMacs

From: Abdelrazak Younes
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Why I hate TexMacs
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 16:50:28 +0200

slept wrote:
Eli Osherovich wrote:
It is something funny to read a hot discussion on how to compile it under MacOS or any other OS. WHY DO YOU WANT IT???????

First of all I love the way you can type formulas with Texmacs. And acctually I am quite sure people who want to be productive don't care about the way the buttons look, but from what I understood thats not completely the point in the argument.

You got it right.

If you want some predictable results use plain LaTeX or try LyX if you need some visualization capabilities while you write.
That is, what your communication resulted in for me. I didn't know about lyx before, I have to say I like it and I can use spellchecking which I need. But for writing formulas(in physics) texmacs is superior ...

I don't want to do LyX advocacy here but 1.6 will have completion support for math.

that is a point where I am hoping that you might join forces and combine parts (I have no idea if that is possible since you seem to have different views on programming).

Right :-)
In any case the problem of writing math is purely a binding issue. Compared to TeXmacs, LyX is closer to LateX syntax WRT math.

Abdel.