Re: [Texmacs-dev] memory leak

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] memory leak
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:13:42 +0100

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 05:23:20PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> I found the source of the error. Unfortunately, its correction also
> involved the correction of some other bugs. In particular, I had to
> detach the renderer_rep from window_rep. This was needed anyway for
> the Cairo port. I am doing some final checks and will commit
> the corrected version.

Unfortunately, there still seems to be a memory leak in the Qt part.
I cleaned the code for fast memory allocation and re-provided
the --disable-fastalloc option. Scrolling down and up does no longer
lead to increase in memory consumptions for the X11 version,
either with or without fast allocation. There remains a problem
with the Qt version.

Best wishes, Joris