Re: [Texmacs-dev] efficiency of improved Qt port

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] efficiency of improved Qt port
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:15:11 +0100

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 03:10:15PM +0100, Gubinelli Massimiliano wrote:
> Hi Joris,
>  I'm looking at the memory issue on the Mac, however I cannot trace
> down any anomalous patten apart form the steady allocation of 16 bytes
> chunck which I reported before (and which I agree is very small).
> Could you give me some reference figures of the leak you observe and
> the actions you are performing during the run?

In a terminal window, I launch 'top'.
I next launch 'texmacs' and do

        Help -> Manual -> Typing simple texts

I now scroll down with the "page-down" key and,
being at the end of the document, back up using the "page-up" key.
I repeat this scrolling operation while keeping an eye
on the terminal with top. About every four down/ups,
I notice 1Mb increase in memory consumption.

--Joris