Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically create maths figures in dr

From: Corcelle
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically create maths figures in drawing mode
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:04:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

> > My purpose was to do the same thing attaching objects to others For
> example attaching the label "A" to the associated summit. Moving the
> summit (2;3.3) of the triangle would move the label "A" too.
> > I tried a lot of things with tree-ref, tree-set, and
> tree-"relatives" commands but I can't manage to do it.
> > Could you tell me if it is (or isn't) doable only with scheme ?
>
> It remains our project that these things should be possible using the
> graphics mode.
> In fact, you may use macros in order to achieve this, except that
> there is
> not much support for macros in the graphics mode. It is not likely
> that
> the necessary work will be done soon: the Scheme code of the graphics
> mode
> has never been stabilized and the person who wrote it does other
> things now.
I would be most grateful if someone could give me a hint or an example of
attaching a point and a label. Afterward, I could extend it to more complex
figures.

> One of the best solutions would probably be to rewrite a big deal of
> the scheme code from scratch. But this requires at least one month of
> work.
Unfortunaltely I wouldn't be able to do such a thing (I would like to).

> If we ever manage to get some funding for TeXmacs, then this might
> happen.

Thank you for these precisions.
I'll continue to try on my own (knowing that it is possible).

Have a good day.

Emmanuël