[Texmacs-dev] installing new texmacs versions with ubuntu

From: Marie-Francoise Roy
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] installing new texmacs versions with ubuntu
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:45:39 +0200

Hi

Version 1.0.6.14 of Texmacs is incluced in my Ubuntu distribution and this is what I installed a few months ago.

I received info from freshmeat that new Texmacs versions are available apparently 1.0.7.2-1 is the latest one, but I do not know how to proceed to install it

On the Texmacs site it is said "Ubuntu <http://www.ubuntu.com/> is based on Debian <http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/linux.en.html#debian> "unstable", and therefore contains TeXmacs. You can (probably) install an up-to-date TeXmacs from Debian "experimental"", but Debian "experimental" does not work

Help please

Marie-Francoise Roy