Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt-TeXmacs: Focus after starting?

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt-TeXmacs: Focus after starting?
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 14:12:07 +0200

Yes. It is indeed a bug. On Mac it works fine. I've traced back the anomaly to the fact that initially the window is activated (in response to a set_visibility message, look at qt_widget.cpp:824) BEFORE the event loop begins. For example in qt_gui_rep::event_loop I've tested the value of QApplication::activeWindow() and on Ubuntu it returns NULL while on Mac is returns a valid pointer. I still do not know what is the proper way to handle this issue.

If you come up with a patch I will be happy to apply it.

best
massimiliano