[Texmacs-dev] Problem in string translation

From: Zou Hu
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Problem in string translation
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 21:27:04 +0800 (CST)

Hi all.
Recently I was translating language strings from English to Chinese and found there is a problem in current language-translation mechanism of texmacs.

In dictionary_rep::translate function, texmacs splits string to be translated firstly by # (this is used in showing footer messages), and then by any characters other than a-z or space. But this mechanism is not so good for CJK languages, because CJK languages usually use different punctuation characters from Western languages, therefore punctuation characters should also be translated.

I think it would be better to split string to be translated only by #.

Best wishes.

全国最低价,天天在家冲照片,24小时发货上门!