Re: [Texmacs-dev] Why not default to auto-resizing brackets?

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Why not default to auto-resizing brackets?
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:54:13 +0100

Von: "Peter Rapčan" <address@hidden>
> The problem with resizing brackets (currently) is that if a bracket opens
> at a line and the closing bracket is at another line in the equations
> environment, the sizes are inconsistent if the content in the brackets has
> different height on each line. So Autoresizing brackets as default would be
> cool, if it worked in ALL situations properly.

In fact, the new auto-pairing seems to have fixed this problem: If you insert a
line-break within a pair of auto-paired & auto-resizing brackets (via
M-return), both brackets are correctly resized to the same magnitude even if
the height of the content differs between the lines.

I believe for auto-pairing brackets, auto-resizing will actually work correctly
in all situations.

Of course, such an equation cannot be split between cells of a table or a
multi-line equation, but it seems that revision 4021 already offers limited
support for that.