Re: Re: [Texmacs-dev] bug with file names with CJK characters

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: Re: [Texmacs-dev] bug with file names with CJK characters
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 07:55:18 +0100

2010/12/21 Zou Hu <address@hidden>
Maybe the other day I would try another way of modifying tm_data.cpp.

That'd be great.

What about adding iconv binary to texmacs windows installer?

That seems like a good idea, since libiconv seems to be there on all *nix systems and there's a windows libiconv: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libiconv.htm, but I guess many string conversion stuff inside TeXmacs would've to be rewritten, and I have never looked into that. If everybody agrees and you feel like locating all the places where conversion is taking place then we could try it.

PS:  the modification for qt_chooser_widget.cpp has also covered the case of  áéíóú characters in filename which you have mentioned last time.

I think this was already fixed? Maybe it didn't work for CJK but it did for european characters? Well, I don't really remember and it certainly works now after applying your patch, so thanks!

Regards,
Miguel de  Benito.