[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs -> HTML

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs -> HTML
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 13:14:45 +0200

Hi everybody,

  I’m having some annoying problems with conversion to HTML. I’d like to use
MathJAX and for that I choose to export math with MathML. Problem is, XHTML is
enforced and rendering by the browser is then different (TeXmacs website).

Also, playing with the preferences I’ve noticed that it is possible to select
contradictory options for math formula export.

So, here’s my question / suggestion:

I’d like to create a new option “texmacs->html:math” with the possible values
“html”, “mathml”, “image”, “mathjax”.

The first three are those currently available. The idea is to disallow
nonsensical settings.

The last one would include a <script> tag in the html output to use the MathJax
Content Delivery Network (as suggested here:
http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/start.html ). It would also set MathML as the
output for mathematics, and it would *not* change the extension to .xhtml. The
server would then serve the content as text/html and rendering wouldn’t be
affected.

Any ideas / objections?
--
Miguel de Benito.