Re: [Texmacs-dev] What is the status of the Gitorious mirror?

From: Karl Hegbloom
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] What is the status of the Gitorious mirror?
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 02:15:49 +0000

I'm maintaining a mirror on github, using git-svn, tracking the Savannah subversion repo:

  https://github.com/KarlHegbloom/texmacs

Some other TeXmacs clones on github exist, but they miss the misc and web directories. Mine has the same directory structure as Joris' Savannah repo. I think you can add a git-svn "remote" to your own clone if you like... rtfm. (The O'Reilly book about git is worth purchasing and reading!)

If you build from any of my branches (syrinx-pure-cmake-doxygen is freshest, the others are stale; as the branch name implies, it uses cmake; the automake code is not being merged to this branch) please use the github issue tracker to bug report unless it's clearly an upstream issue, so that I may take responsibility to triage and hopefully fix bugs, or otherwise I will forward them upsteam. I cannot make the primary developers responsible if I break it,  right?

Obviously you can clone it there on github if you plan to work on it or you can just pull a clone home from it. I try to "git svn rebase" about once a week,  then "git push" that to github. The "svn-trunk" branch is tracking upsteam, and my laptop's name is Syrinx, so those branches are where I've patched it in various ways. I plan to do some work to isolate patches on yet-to-be-created branches to make it easier for Joris to pull them if he chooses. I'm embroiled in some lawsuits for which I'm litigating pro se, and thus my time for the thing I'd rather be doing---working on learning the TeXmacs sources and on helping do the guile-2 porting----is limited.

Also see:

  https://github.com/KarlHegbloom/zotero-texmacs-integration.

... which provides support for Juris-M / Zotero and CSL formatted reference citations. The wip-* branch is Alpha, the "master" branch is usable,  maybe not quite ready for non-programmer Beta... YMMV, but runs a little slow especially for large documents... I've changed the zcite tag so if you create a document using "master", the other branch's code will upgrade it, but the document won't work in "master" again after that. The wip branch is missing only the refs lists at the ends of bibliography entries feature, which I hope to fix within a week or so, at which point I will merge to "master" and declare another almost Beta level pre-release... The new code is much faster! (Thanks to Pwr. H.G. ;-)