Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compositor.app

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compositor.app
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 08:40:16 +0200

Yes, it also do not support PDF (I think) since need to use the DVI output. But anyway is interesting. I researched a while (before finding finally TeXmacs) methods to incrementally run TeX and edit the document.

I still think is an interesting topic, that of incremental evaluation of data pipelines and in particular of the document typesetting pipeline. With TeX the only viable strategy seems to me to snapshot the state (or log the changes) at specific points so that one can resume. Unfortunately that project is closed source (as BaKoMa TeX is).