[Texmacs-dev] graph editor

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] graph editor
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 11:33:07 +0200

Dear all,
 in the forum there is a question about a more friendly interface to the plot
editor ("!" in the graph more). Currently one can define functions but only in
scheme syntax which is not very user-friendly.

We should devise a better interface. I'm not sure what plans Joris has for this
but it would be a nice project to create a dialog where functions can be
inserted via standard TeXmacs math commands. Since TeXmacs has already a parser
for math (used for semantic checking) maybe it would be possible to extract a
syntax tree (with correct precedence rules) and generate a corresponding scheme
function.

Joris, any idea/suggestions?

We still lack a generic mechanism to parse our mathematical formulas for
various uses. For example we could use it to generate MathML (I do not think is
already the case) or LaTeX, for what it is worth.

Max