Re: [Tinycc-devel] Undefined symbols when run under ttylinux.

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Undefined symbols when run under ttylinux.
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:17:44 -0400

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 05:26:36PM -0500, Alan Kilian wrote:
>       I can compile tcc under Fedora-core-3 and it works fine.
>       When I copy the installation files to a ttylinux system,
>       I get the following errors when compiling a minimal program:
>
>       %  tcc  -o a a.c
>       tcc: undefined symbol '__libc_csu_fini'
>       tcc: undefined symbol '__libc_csu_init'

My guess would be a glibc compatibility problem.  On both systems, try
running "/lib/libc.so.6" as if it were a program.  That should tell
you the glibc versions you've got installed.  If the version numbers are
much different, that's probably what's causing the trouble.

ttylinux claims to have glibc 2.3.5 available, which is the current
release and is probably very close to what FC3 uses; if you're running
an old version of ttylinux with some older glibc, you might consider
upgrading it.

                                                  -Dave Dodge