Re: [Tinycc-devel] Undefined symbols when run under ttylinux.

From: Evan Langlois
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Undefined symbols when run under ttylinux.
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:05:09 -0500

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 17:26 -0500, Alan Kilian wrote:
>     Gents,
>
>       I am hoping you can give me some advise on how to proceed
>       getting tcc running under ttylinux.
>
>       I can compile tcc under Fedora-core-3 and it works fine.
>       When I copy the installation files to a ttylinux system,
>       I get the following errors when compiling a minimal program:

Have you considered doing a static compile?

Otherwise, you'll have to set up a specific environment for your
compiler that has the exact libraries from your ttylinux system and ONLY
those libs so that you can link against the same libraries you have
access to.

You can't install many FC4 RPMs on a FC3 system, and they are likely
much more similar than your target system.  Linux just doesn't have the
kind of binary compatibility that some systems have.  Compile against
the exact libs or you are tossing a coin.