tlf-devel

Re: Rig Control

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Rig Control
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 20:28:53 -0400

Hey, folks:

Please explain why people don't just set it in the TLF config file like:

RIGPORT=/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_CP2102_USB_to_UART_Bridge+_Controller_IC-7300_02038316-if00-port0

That's what I've been doing with my IC-7200 (which has a slightly different
id), and it's been working fine on two different computers. No mucking around
with udev rules required. Is there some hidden problem with that approach that
just hasn't happened to me yet?

          -- Alan