tlf-devel

Re: winkeyer daeon

From: Gary Grebus
Subject: Re: winkeyer daeon
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 19:20:11 -0400

On 5/26/22 18:00, Ed wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2022 17:06:02 -0400
Gary Grebus <glg@grebus.com> wrote:

On 5/26/22 15:21, Ed wrote:
/var/log no winkeyer daemon shown. How to start ?

I don't exactly understand what you're seeing.  Is that a message you
see in /var/log?

There are probably multiple ways to do this, but I use cwdaemon.

$ sudo apt install cwdaemon

On my IC-7300, I set:

USB Keying (CW)    to  DTR

In logcfg.dat:

NETKEYER
NETKEYERPORT=6789       # The defaults
NETKEYERHOST=127.0.0.1

You have to start cwdaemon manually before running tlf. I have a 3
line "start" script:

killall -w -v cwdaemon
cwdaemon -d ttyUSBx -x n
tlf

where ttyUSBx is the IC-7300 USB serial port (same as you use for rig
control).

73,

        Gary, K8LT

Since I suck at scipts, do you mind sharing ?

Just exactly those three lines:

killall -w -v cwdaemon
cwdaemon -d ttyUSBx -x n
tlf

ttyUSBx is your USB device, without the "/dev" string e.g. ttyUSB0
tlf is whatever command you normally use to run tlf.

Put those three lines in a file e.g. called "start"

$chmod u+x start  # to make it executable
./start   # to start the CW daemon and tlf.

I'm don't have a winkeyer, so I can't help with that setup. There is probably an advantage to offloading the CW generation to the keyer. I liked the idea of doing it all with just the computer and the single USB connection to the IC-7300.

73,
        Gary, K8LT