tpop3d-devel

[tpop3d-discuss] --enable-mysql-auth configure failure.

From: Colin
Subject: [tpop3d-discuss] --enable-mysql-auth configure failure.
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 21:08:39 -0600

I seem to be having touble to get mysql authentication to compile into tpop3d. I can successfully go through the configuration without the --enable-mysql-auth option, but when I add it, I error out with:

checking for mysql_init... no
configure: error: vmail-sql authentication enabled, but mysql_init doesn't seem to be available.

I'm on a Mandrake 8.0 system. I've tried compiling it on a Mandrake 7.2 system, but get the same error. I've tried upgrading my MySQL package to version 3.23.39-1. I've downloaded and manually compiled the C++ and perl API's from mysql.com, but I seem to be stuck at this point.
Any suggestions?