tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] long login delay

From: Chris Lightfoot
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] long login delay
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:20:17 +0000

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 05:18:14PM +0100, Ian Armstrong  wrote:

> On 07-Jan-2004, Chris Lightfoot <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> |> Jan  6 12:38:34 server tpop3d[5940]: connections_post_select: client
> address@hidden(127.0.0.1): disconnected; 73/4871 bytes
> read/written
> |
> |This whole session lasts somewhere between one and two
> |seconds, from the time the client connects to the time
> |that the client logs out, having completed the session.
> |Is the long delay something you're observing in your web
> |mail front end?
> |

> Yes, my WebMail is slow, but I noticed that it speeded up after I deleted
> a few mails that had large attachments.

hmm. You might be able to get some more information by
running with the -v switch. Your compile-time
configuration looks fine. Nothing really changes the
behaviour of tpop3d once a user is authenticated; it's the
same whatever options you use (excepting maildir vs.
mailbox, of course).

--
``Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.''
  (allegedly found in a high school essay)