tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss]Re: bad file descriptor from select in tpop3d

From: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss]Re: bad file descriptor from select in tpop3d
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 23:29:40 +0200

On Thursday 01 June 2006 20:27, Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> > I've started working on this. I already have working tpop3d which uses
> > libevent.
>
>     [...]
>
> excellent. I'm happy to incorporate (preferably as a
> compile-time option, if that's feasible -- I'd prefer not
> to require libevent).

Version replacing current tpop3d code with libevent one:
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SOURCES/tpop3d-libevent.patch?rev=1.1

Making it compile time option is possible but will make code uglier unless
some abstraction is implemented.

It needs testing, testing and more testing since it's the first time I played
with (not well documented) libevent. Works for me anyway. Note that in teory
it should work with unlimited number of connections at once but CPU usage
seems much higher than select() based code. There is possibility that I made
some bugs in the event using code :-(
--
Arkadiusz Miƛkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team