Re: Is it possible to embed passwords in a filename?

From: Kirk Strauser
Subject: Re: Is it possible to embed passwords in a filename?
Date: 21 Nov 2002 14:46:45 -0600

At 2002-11-21T19:45:22Z, address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Or Tramp could read something like ~/.authinfo.

Actually, that may be the most reasonable solution.  Coupled with Emacs'
ability to read/write encrypted files, that could be rather secure.

> Okay, I will put it on the todo list.  But I'm not promising anything

No!  I'm holding you to it!  :-)

> In the meantime, would it work for you to use ssh to access everything?
> That could work without you having to enter a password.

Unfortunately, most of said machines don't allow ssh'ing to root, which is
the most problematic final step.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.