RE: filename completion ntemacs cygwin latest tramp - problem with eieio

From: Thomas Haselberger
Subject: RE: filename completion ntemacs cygwin latest tramp - problem with eieio ?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:33:09 +0100

> "Thomas Haselberger" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > strange. I moved the original ange-ftp.elc out of the way,
> > applied your patch and tried to reproduce the problem
> > (password prompt from ange-ftp when trying to complete filename) -
> > this was not possible - no problem occuring,
> > completion works as expected.
> >
> > switched back to original ange-ftp.el - problem is there again.
> >
> > any ideas why this happens ?
>
> Strange indeed. The patch intends to raise an error when Ange-FTP is
> putting its handler into file-name-handler-alist. Either another
> package has put Ange-FTP there (but which?), or the error hasn't been
> signalled to you. Did you see something in *Messages*? Could you take
> the (error "Ange-FTP started") outside the condition, so you will be
> signalled always Ange-FTP is loaded?

no difference. get no message.
I checked if I have a different ange-ftp loaded, nothing on my load-paths.
I tried to remove the ange-ftp completely - that worked ok (I should have seen
then if  a different version gets loaded ..).
dont know what happens there; but anyway, as requiring ange-ftp before tramp
does the trick I'll probably stop investigating here (even if I'm not satisfied
with the results and still curious what happens ).

thanks for your advice,

        tom