Re: efs + tramp + emacs problem.

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: efs + tramp + emacs problem.
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:38:51 +0100

Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

> The intention is that with the following two lines
>
> (setq tramp-unified-filenames t)
> (require 'tramp)
>
> you'll be able to say C-x C-f /ssh:address@hidden:/some/file RET to open a
> file via ssh and C-x C-f /ftp:address@hidden:/some/file RET to open a file
> via ftp (ie, EFS).

That doesn't work if you have the auto-autoload.el (or something like
this, I don't remember the exact name) in the XEmacs Tramp package,
because it is evaluated before your .xemacs/init.el.
tramp-unified-filenames is an autoloaded defvar, I guess it should be
a defcustom. I'll check it later on.

Second problem: /ftp:address@hidden:/some/file works, but not
/address@hidden:/some/file (ftp as default method assumed). Setting
efs-path-regexp etc in tramp-efs-file-name-handler must depend on the
existence of the ftp: method in the Tramp file name.

Third problem: the XEmacs package loader must always interpret
/host:/some/file as FTP (EFS) file name, independant of the Tramp
default method.

I'm working on. Guess I get it fixed this weekend.

> Kai

Best regards, Michael.