Re: wish: transmit diffs on save

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: wish: transmit diffs on save
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 07:01:17 +0100

"Zack Weinberg" <address@hidden> writes:

> It would be nice if, when I save a text file, tramp would transmit
> diffs to the remote system instead of the whole file.  Save time.

This is actually possible if you use an rsync-based method.  (But then
you have the connection establishment overhead.)

Hm.  But it would be nifty if it would also work for inline methods.
Maybe one can do something by comparing the file with its backup.
Hm.  This would only work if the backup was local, though.

Kai