Re: add tramp to site-init.el

From: Paul Lew
Subject: Re: add tramp to site-init.el
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:54:31 -0800

>>>>> "Kai" == Kai =?iso-8859-15?Q?Gro=DFjohann?= <address@hidden> writes:

    Paul>> I am trying to add tramp to site-init.el to reduce my emacs
    Paul>> start up time, however, I got:
    Paul>>
    Paul>> # GNU emacs 21.4 on solaris 2.6
    Paul>>
    Paul>>> make
    Paul>> ...
    Paul>> Loading ...
    Paul>> Loading ...
    Paul>> Loading /auto/insbu-cnstools/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp...
    Paul>> Cannot open load file: trampver
    Paul>>
    Paul>> Any recommendation as to the proper way of adding this to
    Paul>> the site-init.el?  TIA.

    Kai> Is /auto/insbu-cnstools/share/emacs/site-lisp/ in load-path
    Kai> at that moment in time?  Is tramp-ver.el or tramp-ver.elc in
    Kai> that directory?

Yes. Both exists, in fact all the tramp .el and .elc files are in that
directory.  I have tried add various directories in the load path but
each resulted in another error.  I have a feeling that this is another
not-yet-revealed problem with emacs when prefix is set differently
than /usr/local/bin.  In our organization, the /usr/local is not user
accssible so I can not verify this.  Maybe someone can help?