Re: ssh method on emacs W32 and ssh from cygwin

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: ssh method on emacs W32 and ssh from cygwin
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 17:30:26 +0200

    >> From: Adrian Phillips <address@hidden> To: "emacs user"
    >>  Well, which ssh daemon are you running under Windows - is it
    >> the cygwin installed sshd or a Windows sshd ?

    Anonymouse> this might be the issue...  I want it to be the cygwin
    Anonymouse> installed one.  (I dont suppose windows XP comes with
    Anonymouse> one installed?)  what do I need to do for this?

Well, if you havenæt installed a non-cygwin ssh then its unlikely to
be anything other than the cygwin one.

Anyway, start a cygwin shell then grep /etc/passwd for the user you
are logging in as and check what shell is specified.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/