Re: async?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: async?
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:15:12 +0200

"Alex V. Koval" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Alex,

>> Currently, I'm implementing the fish method as proof-of-the-concept.
>
> I hope this will work faster :) Thank you! I think it was me who originally
> suggested to look into KDE Kpart.

... and I was reluctant at the beginning :-)

> While fish:// protocol really offers an
> excellent speed, I rarely use it since Emacs is much more powerful as
> general
> purpose editor, so having a faster implementation of shell editing transfers
> would be really great.

It is not proven yet that it will be faster. From the tramp-fish.el
commentary:

;; It looks like the file information retrieval is slower, because the
;; fish protocol misses commands for some necessary information, which
;; must be emulated by the extensive #EXEC command.  Maybe it can be
;; better optimised.

> Regards,
>  Alex

Best regards, Michael.