Re: tramp-find-file-exists-command problem with ntemacs 22.0.92.1

From: Patrik Jonsson
Subject: Re: tramp-find-file-exists-command problem with ntemacs 22.0.92.1
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 13:33:39 -0700

Michael Albinus wrote:
> Patrik Jonsson <address@hidden> writes:
>

>> ah, thought that didn't look right. Here's the new trace, looks much better:
>>

> Yes it looks better. But it is incomplete. It stops in
> `tramp-open-connection-rsh', without even calling
> `tramp-find-file-exists-command'. I would need the trace of the latter
> function.
>
> Did you cut the trace? Did you try just to open the file (NO
> completion in minibuffer)?

Hi again,
sorry for the long delay once again, I keep forgetting that I'm trying
to figure this out... ;-)

I redid the trace, it's attached to this message. This is when partially
typing a tramp filename in the minibuffer and trying to autocomplete,
which still gets the "Trying to find command to find if file exists" error.

Interestingly enough, it now WORKS to open a remote file if I type the
entire filename and hit enter. I swear this did not work before, so I'm
not sure what's going on.

cheers,

/Patrik