Re: tramp (2.1.12); Host name completion not working in XEmacs

From: Pete Forman
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.12); Host name completion not working in XEmacs
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:14:06 +0000

At 2008-03-04 15:03 +0100, Michael Albinus wrote:
The appended patch (towards Tramp 2.1.13-pre) might fix it.

It does, very nearly.

The only wrinkle is the lack of an auto load.  If I start a fresh
instance of XEmacs and type C-x C-f /[myhos TAB then Tramp's
completion does not kick in.  If I enter ] TAB then Tramp makes an
abortive attempt to open myhos.  From there on completion of myhost
works.

(require 'tramp) in ~\.xemacs\init.el is okay as a work around.

Thanks.

--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent