Re: find-dired in a tramp dired?

From: twurgl
Subject: Re: find-dired in a tramp dired?
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:52:44 -0400

My bad Michael, I had the wrong variable.  Here is what ended up with.  It
needs cleaned up, but seems to work at least.

(defadvice find-dired (around check-this activate)
  (if (string-match ":/" default-directory)
      (progn
      (setq dname (substring default-directory (1+ (match-beginning 0))))
      (string-match "address@hidden(.*\\)\:" default-directory)
      (setq host (substring default-directory (1+ (match-beginning 0)) (1-
(match-end 0))))
      (let ((find-program (concat "ssh " host " cd " dname "; find")))
        ad-do-it))
    ad-do-it))

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.  May Not Be Copied or
Disseminated Without Express Written Consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber
Company

             Tom
             Wurgler/NA/GDYR
             04/21/2008 04:42          address@hidden
                                       address@hidden
                                                                   Subject
                                       find-dired in a tramp dired?

Michael,  another wish...

Can I make find-dired work on a tramp dired of a remote system?
I've attempted to defadvice find-dired to create a find-command syntax of

ssh machine cd dir; find....

but so far no good.

thanks