Tramp-IMAP works and needs testing

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Tramp-IMAP works and needs testing
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:25:20 -0500

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:34:49 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:

TZ> I think it's OK to throw this into Tramp when file deletion is added and
TZ> all the extraneous comments are removed.  All the TODO items should also
TZ> be done.  By then we should have some test cases too.

All right, attached is one more release before the ready-for-Tramp one:

- allow file deletion (all matching files are deleted)
- allow imap and imaps method, connecting over SSL when appropriate
- use auth-source for the symmetric passphrase
- much more complex logic for passphrases, allowing caching them
- give a small setup example
- remove my mail server and username from the test cases littered throughout

I need to do more cleanup, but at least this version is usable.  The
next release will be for wide release and will go into Tramp itself, so
PLEASE test this version and let me know if you find problems.

Ted