Re: problem of `tramp-handle-file-local-copy' and inline transfer compre

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: problem of `tramp-handle-file-local-copy' and inline transfer compressing
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 05:52:36 +0200

Toru TSUNEYOSHI <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Toru san,

>>> But, if any part of the patch is effective, plese make use of it.
>>
>> I will check further. Maybe you are right, and inline compression is
>> more effective than scp/pscp. But it needs some more description in the
>> manual, how a user shall tune it.
>
> I hope that is useful.

I've reviewed your code in detail. After a while I felt lost, because
the changes happened at several places, making that code less readable.

So I have changed your patch, focussing the logic into the (new) defun
`tramp-get-inline-coding'. Could you, please, check, whether it would be OK?

The patch is towards the trunk, you might need some care when applying
to your Tramp version.

> Thanks again, Michael san.

Best regards, Michael.