Re: ad-hoc multi-hop editing of remote files

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: ad-hoc multi-hop editing of remote files
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:30:13 +0100

Nope. "sudo:address@hidden" is correct.

> So, doing this, I can open, edit and save files in the home directory
> of the user but, in a folder where there were sub-folders, tramp found
> none... I've included the tramp debug log for I hit tab in the folder
> onwards at the end of this message.

This not enough, sorry. Please apply "M-x tramp-cleanup-all-connections"
first (or start a new Emacs), before running the test. I need the *full*
buffer then, in order to check whether it has connected correctly. If
you do not want to publish it publicly, you could send it to me off-list.

> Yep, I only checked out an hour or so ago. Once I cvs up, do I need to
> re-run autoconf? re-make? etc?

For the kind of changes I commit these days, a simple make shall be sufficient.
If a recall of autoconf or configure is needed, make shall do the proper
steps.

> cheers,
>
> Chris

Best regards, Michael.