tramp-completion-file-name-handler causes max-specpdl-size error

From: Rodrigo Amestica
Subject: tramp-completion-file-name-handler causes max-specpdl-size error
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 11:21:56 -0400

Hello,

I have a problem while using semantic-ia-fast-jump on a symbol within a
structure. The function works just fine from elsewhere but if I invoke it while
standing on a C structure's member, or the type of that member then I get:

apply: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size

Setting debug-on-error and repeating the exercise logs the following:

tramp-completion-file-name-handler: Variable binding depth exceeds
max-specpdl-size

The C file that I'm visiting is a local file, therefore, there should not be any
tramp protocol really involved in this case.

Any hints? Anything to try out?

Many thanks,
 Rodrigo

tramp 2.2.6-24.3