Tramp Prevents Closing Emacs

From: Danny
Subject: Tramp Prevents Closing Emacs
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 00:30:17 +0100

I use Emacs on my laptop. Works great and then when I leave work I simply shut the lid and send linux to sleep. At home when I resume I cannot exit Emacs because TRAMP keeps reconnecting to SSH servers that are IP-restricted to our offices so it cannot reconnect.

There is no other way to exit Emacs then to kill it.This is the only program I close on regular basis using `kill`. No program should be closed that way when it comes to valid user scenario like mine.

GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5) of 2015-03-07 on trouble, modified by Debian
Tramp 2.2.9-24.4

Is there some workaround for this bug to force TRAMP to kill buffers without reconnecting to inaccessible SSH server?

Thanks,

Danny