resurrection fo the *tramp... buffers

From: Ben Hyde
Subject: resurrection fo the *tramp... buffers
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 21:38:23 -0500

I updated many of my installed packages recently. Since then my Emacs has developed
an odd behavior.

I’m working away. As one does I occasionally look at my list of buffers.
I use ibuffer for that. After a bit a large number of tramp/ssh hostname and
tramp/sudo hostname buffers appear; along with their connections to those remote
hosts. These are hosts I’ve visited recently, but not necessarily during the
current emac’s session.

Anybody experienced this already. Assuming the answer to that is no, any suggestion
what function f I should try (debug-on-entry ‘f), so I can catch it in the act?

Thanks - ben

ps. here’s a little peek at what the ibuffer looks like; just the first N chars of
each line:

[ sudo:ki
*tram
[ ssh:kir