Re: resurrection fo the *tramp... buffers

From: Ben Hyde
Subject: Re: resurrection fo the *tramp... buffers
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 11:09:37 -0500

On 27 Jan 2017, at 10:47, Michael Albinus wrote:

"Ben Hyde" address@hidden writes:

Hi Ben,

Anybody experienced this already. Assuming the answer to that is no,
any suggestion
what function f I should try (debug-on-entry ‘f), so I can catch it in
the act?

Does it also happen when you start "emacs -Q"?

Recall this doesn’t happen quickly, it happens after some period of
time. If I assume some action I take during my work day is the trigger
the -Q experiment is very hard to run. I don’t know that I can work
with a vanilla Emacs :).

But I’ve fired up a 2nd emacs -Q and maybe it will happen without
my using it. If that doesn’t work I’ll try some more work like
interactions.

I tried setting debug-on-entry for a few things; but I’ve yet to find
something that fires only when it birthing a fresh *tramp… buffer.
Not that I looked very hard.