Re: bug in tramp?

From: Thomas Holst
Subject: Re: bug in tramp?
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 21:42:06 +0200

Hello Michael,

you were right. With

  # emacs -Q -L ~/git-emacs/tramp/lisp
error does not happen. So here is a question on how to setup tramp git repo so it gets loaded correctly.

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/git-emacs/tramp/lisp")
(add-to-list 'Info-directory-list "~/git-emacs/tramp/info")
(require 'tramp)

stopped working at some point. And I haven't got a clue what happened or how to fix it. I tried to set load-path before packages get loaded. But that didn't do the trick.

So here is my question: how can I adjust my setup so tramp (or another git repo) gets loaded instead of built in packages or packages loades with package manager?

The setup above worked but stopped to work at some point. A few weeks / months ago.

As stated below I use emacs 25.1.1 and I use packages loded with package manager.

If you don't know how to do this, maybe you can point me a direction how I can proceed.

Thanks again
  Thomas