Re: bug in tramp?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: bug in tramp?
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 10:35:11 +0200

Thomas Holst <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Michael,

Hi Thomas,

> The setup above worked but stopped to work at some point. A few weeks
> / months ago.
>
> As stated below I use emacs 25.1.1 and I use packages loded with
> package manager.
>
> If you don't know how to do this, maybe you can point me a direction
> how I can proceed.

Inspect variable `load-history'. You will see which tramp*.el[c] file is
loaded from which location, in which order.

If you load an unused library, say (require 'tetris) , closed to your
setting of `load-path' in ~/.emacs, you will see also which Tramp file
is loaded prior, and which Tramp file is loaded past the `load-path'
setting.

> Thanks again
>   Thomas

Best regards, Michael.